Corona Virus Update: March 17, 2020
Due to current events I feel obligated to continuously try and update this blog until such time as things start to slow down.
Closings of restaurants, theaters and other public meeting areas have occurred as anticipated. I expect that curfews are coming next. The President has asked individuals who can work from home to do so. Individuals involved in food services, health care, pharmaceuticals, and national security are asked to maintain their normal work schedules. Citizens are asked to avoid groups of over 10 individuals. I suspect that voluntary travel will also soon be curtailed. Citizens are asked to avoid visiting hospitals, nursing homes and other long-term care facilities as well as continuing to practice good hygiene.
· In the world there are 188,297 documented cases with 7,400 deaths
· Currently there are over 4,740 cases in the US with 75 deaths.
· There are 160 positive cases in Colorado with one death in an 80-year-old from El Paso County.
· As of today (3/17) there has been one positive case from Pueblo county.
· There have been no confirmed cases of COVID19 in children under 12 in Colorado.
The situation remains fluid and changes are happening quickly.
I encourage all my families to remain calm and keep updated by reliable sources. We at Steel City Pediatrics are dedicated to the wellbeing and the safety of your families. We will diligently keep updates as soon as we can.